Kyma Shaft Power Meter
The Kyma Shaft Power Sensor measures shaft torque and thrust* using the strain gauge technique. The instrument consists of an aluminum ring clamped onto the shaft, a stationary unit located next to the shaft and a terminal junction box for signal and power connection.
The following propulsion data are recorded by the Kyma Shaft Power Sensor and presented on the Display Unit:
- Total Energy Power
- Total revolutions
As a maintenance-free solution, a zero calibration is the only recommended action to be done on the Kyma Shaft Power Sensor. It is a very easy operation that takes ship staff approx. 10 minutes once every 6 months or so.
Early warning signals provide a further benefit for the continuous monitoring of propulsion components. These can indicate the overload stress on components and thus prevent an unexpected breakdown. Optimum operation without overloading can also prolong the operating life of components, giving better total economy and improving return on investment.
Our performance systems are well proven with currently more than 4000 systems sold. Many of these installations took place more than 30 years ago and the systems are still in operation today.
- High repeatability and accuracy
- Available for multi-shaft installations
- No mechanical wear
- Not affected by any pollution in the engine room
- Option for Thrust measurement
- Option for PDF output of voyage reports on USB port
- Design for use in hazardous areas
- Easy to install both on new vessels and on vessels in operation
- Ring is suitable for all shafts above 225mm