Kyma Shaft Power Meter
Proven Performance Systems with Over 4000 Installs - Durable and Reliable with Many Operating for Over 30 Years
The Kyma Shaft Power Sensor measures shaft torque and thrust* using the strain gauge technique. The instrument consists of an aluminum ring clamped onto the shaft, a stationary unit located next to the shaft and a terminal junction box for signal and power connection.
The following propulsion data are recorded by the Kyma Shaft Power Sensor and presented on the Display Unit:
- Total Energy Power
- Total revolutions
As a maintenance-free solution, a zero calibration is the only recommended action to be done on the Kyma Shaft Power Sensor. It is a very easy operation that takes ship staff approx. 10 minutes once every 6 months or so.
Early warning signals in propulsion monitoring improve operational efficiency, prevent unexpected breakdowns and prolong component lifespan. Continuously monitoring stress levels on components leads to better economy and ROI.
Our performance systems are well proven with currently more than 4000 systems sold. Many of these installations took place more than 30 years ago and the systems are still in operation today.
- High repeatability and accuracy
- Available for multi-shaft installations
- No mechanical wear
- Not affected by any pollution in the engine room
- Option for Thrust measurement
- Option for PDF output of voyage reports on USB port
- Design for use in hazardous areas
- Easy to install both on new vessels and on vessels in operation
- Ring is suitable for all shafts above 225mm
With Kyma SHaPoLi, shipowners can easily comply with new emission reduction regulations by implementing necessary measures on ships that did not meet the Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index (EEXI).
This standalone system follows IACS EEXI guidelines No. 172, with tamper-free recording, processing, and calculation for clear, conspicuous information to the ship's master or OICNW when shaft power exceeds limits.
- Standardized and cost-effective
- Easy and fast to upgrade
- Compliance with IACS proposed SHaPoLi solution
- Type approved by ABS, BV, DNV, LR and RINA
- Full engine power is always available
- Tamper-proof logging functionality
- EEXI SHaPoLi Online - Shore-based monitoring